Remove this ad

JEFFERY A. KLINE RAN FROM OBLIGATIONS IN THE STATES RIGHT INTO SERIAL KILLER'S PATH

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

Lead

Aug 19 10 9:35 PM

Tags : :

Jeffrey A. Kline (Panama-guide.com)

SKIPPING OUT

2006 - March 7 - Illinois - Jeffrey A. Kline skips out of child support payments to his family.

Before he leaves the U.S. he transfers $107,040 dollars to a bank
                                        in Costa Rica, into an account in his name.

Don Winner (Panama-guide.com) 
                    "Right now the legal and judicial system in Illinois
                    lists Jeffery A. Kline as owing more than $70,000 dollars in back child  
                    support payments. However according to his former spouse, when Kline 
                    left the United States on 7 March 2006 he was actually up to date on his 
                    child support payments. She said it was "hard to believe" that Jeff would 
                    have just abandoned his children without sending any support to them. 

Kline did cash out stocks, bonds, and an insurance policy and that's
                    how he gathered together the $107,040 dollars he transferred to a bank
                    account in his name in Costa Rica."

Kline apparently became aware investigators from the Illinois Attorney
                    Registration and Disciplinary Commission (ARDC) contacted the US
                    Embassy in Costa Rica to try to find Jeffrey Kline. (and his money)."

2006 - SAN JOSE, COSTA RICA - William Dathan Holbert aka WIlliam "Bill" Reese
                                                  & Laura Michelle Reese aka "Michelle Reese"
                                                   are living in San Jose. Holbert buys and sells used
                                                   cars.

2006 - February - Joe and Sue Freconna, from Cleveland, Ohio, purchase the
                           beachfront property "Casa Siesta." The couple spend most of
                           the year in the U.S. and the property is rented out.

April - The previous owner, a German engineer moves out.

2006 - "Bill & Michelle" Reese (Holbert & Reese) rent "Casa Siesta," a vacation
          home, while they are living in the Playa Negra area of Puerto Viejo, Costa
          Rica. Behind the home is a nice area of shrubbery and bushes. They've
          rented Casa Siesta through a property management company.

Holbert and Reese sign a contract to rent the house for three months and pay
          a deposit. They leave three weeks later.

Joseph & Sue Freconna "We never saw the couple who rented our house. By the
                                        description of things it all seems to fit together perfectly.

Joseph Freconna "Greg told us about the couple. The guy who was renting the place, 
                             his name was Bill. Greg said he was a really big guy, and he was 
                             supposedly from Texas."

Don Winner "William Dathan Holbert has told many people in the Bocas del Toro area 
                    of Panama that he was supposedly from Texas. And, while in Costa Rica
                    he was known by the nickname "Big Bill.

MAKING NEW "FRIENDS"

2007 -  April - Jeffrey Kline rents a room from "Bill & Michelle."

Don Winner "Jeffery A. Kline met Holbert at a Best Western hotel in San Jose while
                     Holbert was on a trip there to buy a motorcycle. After Kline met Holbert,
                     he traveled to the area of Puerto Viejo, in the province of Limon on the
                     Caribbean coast of Costa Rica.

Kline actually rented a room in the same house where Holbert was living
                     at the time, in late March and during the first week of April, 2007.

DEAD WITHIN A WEEK

Don Winner   "When Kline rented the bedroom in that house in Puerto Viejo, he had
                      more than $100,000 in cash physically with him. Apparently he was

afraid that if he left the money in the bank investigators might seize
                      it to pay the $70,000 dollars in child support payments he owed to
                      his family back home.

Unfortunately for Kline, he ended up living under the same roof as 
                      serial killer William Dathan Holbert.

Within a week, Kline was dead, Holbert had the money, and Kline's
                      body was buried under the house owned by Joseph and Sue Freconna
                      in Puerto Viejo."

2007 - June -  A vehicle is registered in Kline's name.

Don Winner "According to Costa Rican authorities, someone using Jeffery A. Kline's name
                    registered a Land Rover in Jaco, Costa Rica.

Of course we now know that William Dathan Holbert and Laura Michelle Reese
                    killed Kline in Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica in late April 2006, and they had his
                    documents and paperwork. Of course when Illinois investigators contacted the
                    US Embassy in Costa Rica, and Kline's former spouse learned that a vehicle
                   had been registered in his name, she simply assumed that he was living in Jaco,
                   Costa Rica at the time."

SKIPPING OUT

"Bill & Michelle skip out of Puerto Viejo in a hurry

Sue Freconna "They didn't even turn in the keys. They said they had some kind
                        of a huge family emergency back in the United States and they
                        had to leave immediately. They supposedly got an urgent phone
                        call and they went straight to the airport. They just called Gregory
                        Petin from the airport, said they were leaving, and that they would
                        not be back."

Don Winner "It is now known that in fact Holbert and Reese did not actually
                     leave Costa Rica at that time, and when they left from the Puerto Viejo
                     area in a hurry they actually just moved across the country to the Jaco
                     area on the Pacific side, where they stayed for at least two months before
                     they moved to Bocas del Toro in Panama."

2007 - February - Joe & Sue Freconna return to Puerto Viego and discover that
                           a concrete patio has been put down over the bushes and other
                           shrubbery.

Sue Freconna "The discover of the makeshift patio immediately raised our
                         suspicions, leading us to contact a lawyer. The lawyer said
                         our imaginations were running wild with us. The incident was
                         brushed aside."

2007 - November - The Freconna's are having a sunroom built at the rear of their
                              property. The concrete patio is being ripped up to make way
                              for the sunroom.

Workmen find a body wrapped in a plastic bag. Authorities
                              are notified and they respond to Casa Siesta.

The Judicial Investigating Organization reports that the man's
                              remains wears a gold chain necklace and a diamond ring. They
                              hope the jewelry will assist in solving the man's identity.

SERIAL KILLINGS

After William Holbert & Laura Reese left Costa Rica, they moved to Panama, the
Bocas del Toro region. There they began killing expats and taking over their
personal possessions, companies and properties. That is, until they killed one
expat who's friends and family refused to stop searching for answers.

As a result, Donald "Don" Winner of Panamaguide.com became interested in
what was happening in the area to the expats and the activities of "Wild Bill"
Cortez and his wife Jena or Jean Cortez. Winner wrote about the Cortezes
and the disappearances of Michael, Watson and Nan Brown, Bo Icelar aka
Bo Yancy, and Cheryl "Cher" Hughes Werle.

Once the authorities got involved a search for answers began and the bodies
of those five persons were found on the former Brown property, shot to death
and buried.

SKIPPING OUT - AGAIN

William Holbert & Laura Reese had been hiding out in Costa Rica and decided when
things got too hot, to skip on over to Nicaragua illegally after stealing a boat to do so.
They were met by National Police dressed entirely in black and holding lethal weapons
pointed directly at the two fugitives.

They were extradited to Panama where they await trial.

2010 - August - Jeffrey A. Kline's remains are identified?

Don Winner "First of all, regarding DNA samples and the identification of Jeffery A. Kline
                    in Costa Rica. I was under the impression that the FBI had requested DNA
                    samples from Kline's siblings, and I now understand that is not the case.

In fact, the FBI obtained Jeffery Kline's fingerprints from legal authorities in
                    the state of Illinois, and provided them to Costa Rican authorities as early
                    as 26 August 2010. Supposedly investigators from the Organization of
                    Judicial Investigation (OIJ) in Costa Rica took the fingerprints from the body
                    they recovered from the house in Playa Negra in November 2007, and were
                    going to use the prints to confirm or deny that the body belonged to Jeffery
                    A. Kline. However, as far as I know they still have not made that determination."

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Aug 29 10 4:36 PM

Jeff is my little brother and our family found out 12 or 13 days ago about this HORROR STORY...Thanks to Don Winner looking in this serial killers case. Now it seems with the five other poor victims and there stunned families we are stunned and in shock, This a bad scene...And seems it is getting worst every other day...Jeff went to start over I hope but never had a chance. And the way he died and was found, Is so heartbreaken. We thought he would called me or one of his sisters but again he didnt have a chance in HELL. We LOVE YOU JEFF no matter what. You did what you did and you were old enough to make your own mind. We miss you and now just closure will be coming later. We need you home And who knows when we will be able. Love You Jeff. Your brother Steve

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Aug 29 10 4:51 PM

Steve, my sympathies to you and your family on the loss of Jeff. I hope that the
authorities will soon release his remains to your family so that you can bring
him home. I wish you and the other families the strength to get through this
horror.

I believe if it wasn't for Don Winner, that none of this would have come to light
as soon as it did, and the families would not have known what happened to
their loved ones for some time to come.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Aug 29 10 5:08 PM

thank you for your kind thoughts to my family and the other families i would express the same. Yes Don put a large beam of light on this case and i believe is on to something big, Steve

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Aug 29 10 6:17 PM

You are welcome Steve. Don couldn't have known what kind of horror he 
would uncover, but he deserves big kudos for continuing to dig and ferret
out and expose the activities of those monsters so they'll face justice
for what they've done.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Sep 4 10 3:37 PM

Jeff is my little brother and our family found out 12 or 13 days ago about this HORROR STORY...Thanks to Don Winner looking in this serial killers case. Now it seems with the five other poor victims and there stunned families we are stunned and in shock, This a bad scene...And seems it is getting worst every other day...Jeff went to start over I hope but never had a chance. And the way he died and was found, Is so heartbreaken. We thought he would called me or one of his sisters but again he didnt have a chance in HELL. We LOVE YOU JEFF no matter what. You did what you did and you were old enough to make your own mind. We miss you and now just closure will be coming later. We need you home And who knows when we will be able. Love You Jeff. Your brother Steve

-guest_guest

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Sep 5 10 8:22 AM

Guys; Can you please fix the hyper links in this story? My website is www.panama-guide.com You have it going to panamaguide.com (without the dash) which won't work. Thanks. Don Winner

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Sep 5 10 9:27 AM

Guys; Can you please fix the hyper links in this story? My website is [url]-guide.com You have it going to panamaguide.com (without the dash) which won't work. Thanks. Don Winner

-guest_guest

Thanks for the heads up Don, it's fixed!!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#8 [url]

Sep 13 10 5:53 PM

2010 - September 13 -  KLINE'S FINGERPRINTS MATCH THOSE OF
                                    RECOVERED REMAINS

DON WINNER (Panama-Guide.com)
"Today Don Locke, an official who works in the Consular Section of the US
Embassy in San Jose, Costa Rica, notified Janeen Kline, the former spouse
of American attorney Jeffery A. Kline, that the fingerprints of Jeffery Kline
provided to the Office of Judicial Investigation (OIJ) in Costa Rica by the
Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), positively matched those taken from
the formerly unidentified body recovered from underneath the vacation rental
home in Playa Negra, Puerto Viejo in Costa Rica in November of 2007.

Locke said it will take about two more weeks before there is a formal, written
report. Eventually the government of Costa Rica will have to issue a Certificate
of Death for Jeffery A. Kline, and now maybe his family can use that to receive
some kind of benefits."

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Sep 20 10 5:11 PM

Janeene Kline
"He wrote letters to his 9 and 11 year-old daughters the day he left, saying he'd
be in touch and would send money.  That was the last time they ever heard from
their father."

"At first you're angry because the girls expected to hear from their dad and as
the years go by you get more angry and think how could he do that to his kids?"
I contacted children services when child support payments didn't come. 

Investigators discovered Jeffrey bought a car in Costa Rica, but found no other
trace of him. We figured he was there and choose not to contact us."

The U.S. State Department just told us the body found three years ago is Jeffrey.
It's hard to grasp that it happened so quick after he got there and I told my daughters
that their dad would have contacted them after a time he just never got the chance,
I truly believe that."

"We plan to have a memorial service for Jeffrey. We want a full investigation into his
murder."

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Sep 21 10 10:45 PM

William Dathan Holbert Confesses to the Murder of Jeffery A. Kline in Costa Rica

DON WINNER (Panama-guide.com)
Murderer says he killed on orders from 'capos' -
The murderer William Dathan Holbert radically changed his confession yesterday.
Now he says he not only killed five fellow Americans at one of his farms in Bocas
del Toro, but a sixth victim as well who he buried in Costa Rica.  

In an extension of his preliminary statement made to the Deputy Attorney General
yesterday, Wild Bill said all these crimes were ordered by "bosses" of organized
crime, and that he was just a "soldier." Holbert also told Deputy Attorney General
Ángel Calderón he would reveal the identity of his "bosses" when his partner Laura
Michelle Reese is released and sent to the United States.  

Holbert added that he murdered his sixth victim, American lawyer Jeffery
Arlan Kline, in a boat in Panamanian waters.

Holbert then went by sea to Costa Rica where he buried Kline on a farm he owned
there. Holbert spoke for nine hours. When he was done giving his statement, he
was returned to his cell in solitary confinement in La Joyita. (La Prensa)  

Editor's Comment: I now have a copy of Holbert's first confession, which he gave
on 30 July 2010. By the close of business tomorrow afternoon I hope to have a copy
of the statement he made yesterday. And, I have the recording and transcript of the
conversation I had with him when he called me on my cell phone. From all of these
things one absolute truth comes shining through - Holbert is full of shit.  

Serial Liar: William Dathan Holbert has a real problem with telling the truth.
He's a relatively smart guy but he's no genius. He thinks he's smarter than
everyone  else, and apparently no one has explained to him that the rest of us
are out here, listening to what he says and examining every detail of this
statements.

In short, he's lying for a reason. He mixes lies with truth and fact. Like, he really did
kill all of those people (truth) but his girlfriend Laura Michelle Reese was not there
(false) that she didn't know what was going on (false) and that she is completely and
totally innocent (false.) He obviously is trying to take the blame for everything in an
attempt to get her out of prison. Now he's saying he was a pawn working for "capos"
and he will reveal their identity when Reese is released and sent back to the United
States.

Sorry, but that's not going to work, either. Holbert said he killed Jeffery A. Kline (true)
but that he did so in a a boat in Panamanian waters (false) and then hauled his body
back to Costa Rica (false) to bury him there (true.) Holbert made up the "I killed him
 in Panamanian waters" story in order to try to avoid a conviction in another jurisdiction,
Costa Rica.

Well, thanks for the confession, but the whole boat story just doesn't hold water
(sorry, couldn't resist.)

Hallelujah - He Confessed To Killing Jeff Kline: That will make getting a conviction
against him in Costa Rica much easier.

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Oct 2 10 7:50 PM

I am so sad to hear of Jeff's death. I worked with him years ago and I know for a fact that he loved Janeen and his kids but he just had a problem he couldn't kick. I pray that his family and kids find peace in this very difficult moment. He was a phenomenal attorney and a very good friend. My prayers go out to all his family.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Jul 12 11 10:51 PM

Jeffrey A. Kline's remains back in the U.S.

Panama-guide.com/article comments

2011 - July - 11 - 

Steve Nelson
"Of course we still want justice for our brother Jeffrey who was probably Holberts
1st victim in Costa Rica..Jeffrey finally arrived back in the USA two weeks ago
and on his way to his final resting place in Wisc in the near future...."

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help