Remove this ad

CASEY ANTHONY - PLEA DEAL REACHED IN FRAUD CHARGES - CONVICTED ON FELONIES

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

Lead

Jan 25 10 12:55 PM

Tags : :

2010- January 25 - Casey Anthony testifies that she takes the plea deal, giving up the right
                              to go to trial on these charges.

Casey Anthony appeared in court today for a plea deal in the felony fraud
                              charges stemming from when she forged her former friend Amy Huizenga's
                              checks and depleted her bank account.

WFTV  

Jose Baez, Attorney for Casey Anthony requested that Judge Strickland sentence her with "equal justice" in accordance with other similar sentences for others charged with the same crimes. He claims Casey Anthony is so hated and that is why she was charged with so many counts. He
wants time served, probationary period of one year following any time served. "She's made full restitution for these charges" - (Jose Baez paid Bank of America on her behalf.)

There are 13 separate crimes or offenses because of 4 stolen checks. The defense wants 9 of those dismissed.

Prosecutor - this case is charged is not uncommon, that being said, Ms. Anthony has pled to all
13 counts, the state never did agree to drop any of the counts. All restitution has been paid.
She's been in custody a year and a half. The state objects to any probationary period.

Judge Strickland rules: 6 adjudicated felonies. Multiple counts are proper, but multiple punishments are not.

Four felony convictions for forgery.
Counts 3, 6, 9, and 12, forgery counts - adjudication of guilt, time served of 412 days.. 

1 felony conviction for fraudulent use of personal information - there were 4 counts,
convicted on count 2 - fraudulent use of identification - adjudication of guilt, time served 412 days
time served. Withheld adjudication for the other three remaining counts.

Convicted on the felony for Grand Larceny in count 1 -  adjudication of guilt, 412 days time served.. The charges are for more than $300 dollars, versus petty theft to grand larceny - pursuant to a course of conduct.

As for the four counts of uttering a forged check - counts 4, 7, 10 and 13...

This covers the core offenses plus 2 that includes counts 1, 2, 3, 6, 9 12...

Counts 5, 8, and 11 - three of the four fraudulent use of personal id - withhold adjudication and sentence to time served and by 1 year of supervised probation once released.
(Judge explains to the public that he can't withold adjudication unless there is a probation attached.)

Runs concurrently with one another and any other sentence she may be serving... which is zero
because this is a first offense.

Sentence with special conditions - No personal contact, direct or indirect with the victim, Amy
                                                    Huizenga.

On each count, a blood, dna sample is to be given.

She has 30 days to appeal this sentence.

Prosecutor - "Ms. Huizenga does not wish to make a statement, she's not in court."

Casey Anthony - "I wanted to let everyone know I'm sorry for what I did. I take full and complete responsibility to my actions. I apologize to Amy, I wish I had been a better friend."

After making the statement Casey Anthony bursts into tears.

Beth Karas (TruTv)"She is now a convicted felon.  Prosecutors could use the convictions against her in the murder case. Crimes of theft are related to her character, for truthfulness."

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jan 25 10 2:16 PM

Am I dreaming or what? I cannot believe that Casey would admit to anything, much less apologize for it! She knows nothing about being a friend to anyone. She does, however, know how to use & exploit everyone who comes in contact with her. Do you suppose she'll ever apologize to Caylee for what she did to her? Not in this lifetime, or any other for that matter!!!!! I suppose there are some people who might fall for her "crocodile tears". Those people are called "victims" because they will believe anything. Casey cries for only one person, HERSELF! She really needs a good dose of "reality" to kick her HARD in the behind. At long last, this little Sociopath is finally having to answer for her actions. Let's continue to pray that there will also be JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE!

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jan 25 10 8:31 PM

Casey Anthony admitted to the fraud charges on the advice of her attorneys in order to avoid a trial for the charges. In the trial, she'd have to face her former friend Amy Huizenga on the stand, testifying against her. The plea deal avoids having her face any "unpleasantness" that a trial might engender for her. It also allows both the prosecution and defense to concentrate on the murder trial. But at least now, she goes into the criminal murder trial as a convicted felon. It shows her pattern of behaviour and her lack of truthfullness.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jan 25 10 9:02 PM

Casey Anthony admitted to the fraud charges on the advice of her attorneys in order to avoid a trial for the charges. In the trial, she'd have to face her former friend Amy Huizenga on the stand, testifying against her. The plea deal avoids having her face any "unpleasantness" that a trial might engender for her. It also allows both the prosecution and defense to concentrate on the murder trial. But at least now, she goes into the criminal murder trial as a convicted felon. It shows her pattern of behaviour and her lack of truthfullness.

-patsystone

Hi, Patsy! ~ Casey's tears meant nothing to me. She's not at all sincere. Her tears were for herself, no one else. I can imagine that Caylee's Father is out there somewhere, not even knowing that he had a beautiful, precious little Daughter. Casey leaves a path of destruction wherever she goes. I'll bet she's really unhappy about her parent's enjoying the money made from Caylee's murder, "blood money". George & Cindy are now living the beautiful life that is detailed in Casey's famous tattoo.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jan 25 10 9:35 PM

Regardless of how the Anthony's (George & Cindy) have acted, and how distasteful those actions might have been to people, I would not for a million years wish to be in their shoes. They've lost a precious grandchild to murder. They're losing their daughter to jail and possibly prison. Any dreams or hopes they had for Caylee's life, and Casey's, are moot. This has changed their lives forever and not in a good way.

I agree, the tears were for herself, not for her victim Amy.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jan 26 10 1:59 AM

Regardless of how the Anthony's (George & Cindy) have acted, and how distasteful those actions might have been to people, I would not for a million years wish to be in their shoes. They've lost a precious grandchild to murder. They're losing their daughter to jail and possibly prison. Any dreams or hopes they had for Caylee's life, and Casey's, are moot. This has changed their lives forever and not in a good way.
I agree, the tears were for herself, not for her victim Amy.

-patsystone

Hi, Patsy! ~ I agree with you. I would never in a million years, want to be in their shoes. Be that as it may, by covering up for Casey, they are saying that Caylee's life had no meaning. They might as well be, by condoning her actions. I do realize that Casey is also their Daughter, and they love her. However, they still have a responsibility to Caylee. That means they should hold Casey accountable for her actions. Had it not been for the monster they raised, they would still have that precious little Caylee. George & Cindy have a major problem with telling the truth. Lies seem to come so easily to them. It's no wonder Casey turned out that way too. Lying is second nature to George & Cindy. Casey learned from them. Cindy has a very jealous nature. Casey does too. God Bless little Caylee. She never had a chance being raised in that household. Selling off pictures & videos of Caylee was a terrible thing for Cindy to do, in my opinion. It was "blood money" after all ~ money made from the murder of their only Grandchild. If I had been in their shoes, I would never have done that, not for any amount of money. I don't think Casey was ever held accountable for any of her actions, not by George or Cindy. Do you see how they let Casey walk all over them? Do you remember how badly she treated them during those jail visits? Sorry, Patsy, but, I just cannot have any sympathy for George or Cindy. They have no business making money from Caylee's murder. It will always be my opinion that such money is "blood money". I could never be in their shoes, because, I would let my child know that they need to be held accountable for their actions. Casey was allowed to get away with everything & anything.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#6 [url]

Jan 26 10 11:10 AM

Booklover I feel the same as you, yet I still have a measure of sympathy for their loss of a grandchild. They should have held Casey accountable long before it came to this. Even if they had, with Casey's mindset, there is no guarantee it wouldn't have happened anyway.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Jan 26 10 4:16 PM

Booklover I feel the same as you, yet I still have a measure of sympathy for their loss of a grandchild. They should have held Casey accountable long before it came to this. Even if they had, with Casey's mindset, there is no guarantee it wouldn't have happened anyway.

-patsystone

Hi, Patsy! ~ I completely understand how you feel. Also, it's entirely possible that Casey might have turned out the way she did anyway. In addition, I think Casey might have been planning on getting rid of George & Cindy when she told one of her many boyfriends that, her parents would be going away soon. I have absolutely no doubt she would have been capable of doing that too. I can easily see her wanting their home without having to do anything to earn the right to own it.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Jan 26 10 4:40 PM

Hi, Patsy! ~ [image] I completely understand how you feel. Also, it's entirely possible that Casey might have turned out the way she did anyway. In addition, I think Casey might have been planning on getting rid of George & Cindy when she told one of her many boyfriends that, her parents would be going away soon. I have absolutely no doubt she would have been capable of doing that too. I can easily see her wanting their home without having to do anything to earn the right to own it. [image]

-booklover

From her statements (& actions) to her former friend Amy that they were going to move into her parents home....sans parents... it could lead one to believe that she might have gone down that path.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Jan 26 10 8:29 PM

From her statements (& actions) to her former friend Amy that they were going to move into her parents home....sans parents... it could lead one to believe that she might have gone down that path.

-patsystone

Hi, Patsy! ~ I can't help but wonder if George & Cindy have ever thought about that possibility. I also have negative feelings towards them, because, they must have known how Casey felt about being a Mother. They did nothing to protect Caylee. Why did Cindy wait over a month before finally calling LE about Caylee's disappearance? Why did she NOT do that, especially after noticing the smell of a dead body in her car? George noticed that odor too, & yet he chose to ignore it. He knew what that odor was, especially since he is an ex-cop. That's why I will never have any sympathy for either one of them. They allowed their only Grandchild to rot away in those bushes for 6 months. I cannot believe for one minute that they didn't know Caylee was dead right from the beginning of this case. The disrespect they've shown Caylee is absolutely unbelievable and even more than that, disgusting.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jan 27 10 12:30 PM

Casey was pretty good at fobbing her parents off with excuses and likely had been doing that for years. I'm sure they knew she was a liar, especially after she stole money from her grandmother. 
I don't believe Cindy had any reason during those 31 days to believe that Casey had murdered Caylee. I think it was when Casey repeatedly didn't bring Caylee home, or allow her to speak with Caylee that Cindy began to worry. This was out of the ordinary behaviour of Casey and that, I think, sent up red flags. After the car, I'm feel Cindy was panicked.

Cindy & George's behaviour in defending Casey once they knew Caylee was dead and that the last person seen with her was Casey.... that I find questionable and dismaying. However, Casey is their flesh and blood, their daughter. Only they know why they are defending her.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help