Remove this ad

Popcorn Chicken

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

Lead

Aug 1 09 10:32 AM

Tags : :

This is a favorite at my house along with popcorn shrimp.

It's not really popcorn, but it's termed that because it's like popcorn, you want more.

You'll have to forgive my lack of portion amounts because it truly is a dish that is prepared
and cooked to your own determination of how much.

In my home, growing up in Louisiana, it was rare that a dish was "measured" out.
It was always a pinch, a pat, a cup, a spoon, etc. cooking by sight, touch and/or taste.

Ingredients:
chicken - cut into small bite sized peices
olive oil - amount desired, enough to cover the amount of chicken (or shrimp) you plan to cook.

* * The only reason for the shortening and butter is to ensure the food turns golden brown.
one tablespoon shortening
one tablespoon butter or margarine

Flour - about one cup (more or less depending on amount you plan to cook)
Salt and pepper  (to your personal taste)
* Optional -1-2 eggs

*Optional - 1 tsp sugar or splenda or other sugar substitute

Mix in bowl: flour, salt & pepper and sugar/splenda etc.

In another bowl beat eggs until mixed.

In saucepan or deep frier, place olive oil, shortening and butter/margarine and heat.

There are two ways you can do this. You can dip the pieces into the egg and then into
the flour and then fry until golden brown. OR.. you can simply dip the pieces into the flour
and then fry until golden brown. Either way it's good.

Once they are golden brown, remove the pieces and drain. Serve.

You can use the same oil for making french fries afterwards.

**Note: You can use the same method to dip shrimp, pork chops (whatever size) or steak (whatever size) into the flour and then into oil to cook,covered with a lid, turning until the meat is tender yet cooked.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jan 24 13 7:25 AM

I have read your topic thanks for sharing that topic another way to make chicken popcorn.Cut the chicken breasts into small chunks.Sift the flour and mix in the salt and cajun seasoning.

Dip the chicken in the egg then generously coat in the flour mixture.Heat the oil in a pan. Drop a few drops of batter into the oil and if it sizzles and fries it is ready.Add chicken to the oil in small batches and turn over to make sure both sides are cooked evenly.
-------------------------------
This portion of post removed for spam.

Last Edited By: patsystone Dec 21 13 9:02 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help