Remove this ad

DAN AND LINDA (KOLKENA) BRODERICK - BETTY BRODERICK AND BRADLEY WRIGHT

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

#1101 [url]

Jun 26 14 11:09 AM

LeforaGuest wrote:
if dan had left her right when he started the affair maybe things would hae ended differently, but he didnt he kept cheating and lying and dragging betty's emotions through the mud till he was good and ready to leave with everything and leave his devoted wife and mother of his children with nothing. dan and linda were purposly hopinf betty would kill herself but she did the oposite and killed them.. nd for those who think she should have been happy with the money she got, it wasnt the money she wanted it was the family she did everything she could to make what it was when linda came and took it all away. it wasnt money it was love that she killed for.

I really think Betty would have murdered Dan regardless if he left before he cheated. No one was going to leave Betty and get away with it. I even believe if Dan gave Betty a million dollars she still would have killed him. I have read the twelve of never at least 3 times over the last 20 years and Bella Stumbo did a great job of telling the story. The only people that she couldn't talk to were of course Dan and Linda but she was very honest in describing all 3 of them. This story has always facinated me and my thoughts and feelings  have changed over the last 20 years. When I first read the book I sided with Betty but as I got older I didn't. First, cheating is never ok but it doesn't deserve the death penalty. I think that Betty had emotional problems before she married Dan and they only got worse over the years. The way she treated her children was disgusting! She was suppose to be their mother and not use them as pawns to get back at Dan. The emotional abuse she dealt  them was horrible. One thing that struck me from reading the book was Betty married Dan because she thought he would be a good earner....it almost seemed like a business deal to her and that deal ended when she murdered Dan. It's really to bad that she didn't get the help that she needed. She had a boyfriend for years after Dan left and Brad was actually staying the night at her house when she got up and went over to Dans. I feel really bad for the children as they have suffered the most with losing both parents.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1102 [url]

Jun 26 14 11:32 AM

LeforaGuest wrote:
THe mistress who marries her man leaves a job opening...while i don't agree with him being murdered, i don't see how Linda would ever trust him...when he starts working late, she will be come distrustful and soon a shrew, knowing what he had done to his first wife....there is no trust with a mistress who becomes a wife.

While I think that Linda and Dan did love eachother marriages break down sometimes and with the age difference between the two.....I think Linda probably would have left Dan. Can you imagine her being 40 and him almost 60?

Quote    Reply   

#1103 [url]

Jun 26 14 12:52 PM

LeforaGuest wrote:
The two younger boys were Daniel and Grant not Daniel and Rhett.............. A month and a half later, Betty dumped the two youngest boys, Rhett and Lee the same way...the two youngest boys would be Danny and Grant and Lee is her second oldest daughter

This post is very confusing. Here is the birth order of all four kids.
Kim Broderick
Lee Broderick
Daniel Broderick
Rhett Broderick.

There was no Grant.

Quote    Reply   

#1104 [url]

Jan 21 15 9:55 PM

I'm surprised she didn't kill them sooner. I believe Dan and Linda were trying to drive Betty to suicide. I hated Betty until I read a lot about her case and realized what an alcoholic psychopath her Dan was and what a total slut Linda was. Dan also abused animals but, of course, that was never talked about. Linda also was not known to be the most hygienic person around. Her nickname in the office was 'Linda Vagina' because she didn't bathe very frequently. Also, Dan never considered that he would have given Betty an STD by screwing a low life like Linda Kolkena? Nice guy, very thoughtful of him. Disgusting pair Dan and Linda were. Too bad Betty didn't let them self-destruct, which they would have. Linda could barely hold a job and didn't hold a candle to Betty's intelligence. Dan would burn himself out or someone else would have killed him eventually. I wish Betty would have risen above the abuse; she would have been a better person than Dan and Linda ever were.

Quote    Reply   

#1106 [url]

Jan 25 15 11:30 PM

Who ARE you?

This is to whoever posted as GUEST: Broderick was an abusive alcoholic and Kolkena was a money-grubbing Tramp. So shut up, you ignorant piece of excrement.image

Last Edited By: bfrank Jan 25 15 11:33 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1107 [url]

Jan 25 15 11:36 PM

LeforaGuest wrote:
You are probably a crazy, bitter woman just like Betty Broderick. He left her because she was an insane person that even her own children could not take it.
Dan deserved some happiness from living in hell with Betty.

And you are a crazy, judgmental piece of excrement who won't allow opinions on this board otherthan your own. You are a pice of sh*t and probably a ho like linda Kolkena.

Quote    Reply   

#1108 [url]

Apr 5 15 12:17 AM

Betty should have loved and respected herself more than so she would not end up in prison for shooting her ex husband and his new wife. She should have respected and loved her children more as well. Knowing the law well, I am not surprised that an attorney of Dan's caliber was able to manipulate the law in his own favor and cheat his ex wife out of a more generous settlement. She worked hard to provide him and their children while he was in school. As for the mistress, given time, that second marriage most likely would have failed as well and Linda would have ended up with a nice fat alimony check and a house and Dan would be on his third wife by now... Betty threw her life away by killing two people who were not worth spending your life in prison for. I am sad for her and the children.

Quote    Reply   

#1109 [url]

Sep 13 15 10:15 AM

I have just joined this forum and I see myself as a very objective person. Can you tell me - did you know Linda Kolkena? By the way you are calling her a slut and other horrible names it sounds to me that you must have known her very well. If not, I think you owe her family a huge apology.

Remember, everbody is someone's daughter, sister or friend and how would you feel if someone called you all kinds of names and spread all kinds of nasty stories about you and you can't defend yourself. And to make things even worse is when it is people that didn't even know the person they are talking about.

Just because she is the second wife doesn't mean that she stole her husband from his first wife. I do aggree that it is sad that Dan started giving hisfamily his full attention only the second time around but that doesn't mean that he was a bad man or that he cheated on Betty. As I can deduct from what I have seen in the movie and read on the internet, Betty has made his life a living hell. She could have paid more attention to loving her husband instead of keeping the house tidy and living the high life.

Another thing that I don't understand is how you can say that Dan and Linda tortures Betty mercilessly for years when Dan had only known Linda for   years and was married to her for 7 months. In fact, how I understand it is that it was just the other way around. That it was Betty that tortured  Dan and Linda non-stop by making telephome calls day and night, leaving sick messages, breaking into there home, disregarding court orders and making there lives just pure hell. Personally I would not have been so patient with her. I would have had her locked up  the first time that she disregarded the court order.

But to come back to Linda. Of the three major players involved, I feel most sorry for her. She just worked at the wrong place at the wrong time. Dan could have met any other person that was understanding and caring and could have married her, but unfortunately Linda was the person that he  saw most often and that was just the way cards were dealt for her.

So long story short. Think before you slander people. You never know when life will through you a curve ball and maybe, just maybe you might be on the receiving side of strangers poisenous tongues.

Quote    Reply   

#1110 [url]

Feb 5 16 1:09 AM

linda vagina kolkena

Are you a friend of lindas? are you lindas sister the one that didn't go to Bettys parole hearing? Maggie? Well most people don't think much of Delta Stewardess that have sex with the passengers! This is how the LADY LOL you are defending lost her job. you see most people have a problem with gold digging whores that is why there is no sad feeling of loss to the world. Woonderful Linda that called Betty the beast, monster, and cow! Nice! IN FRONT OF BETTYS CHILDREN!!!! How did Linda get that bruise on her wrist the night she was shot! i guess her prince dan and her had a fight lol. How about how dan was found trying to save himself (coward) not protecting the woman he loved. Dan only loved himself and one day Linda would have been Betty. (if she had not contracted aids first) Yes this person you are defending had sex with another man a month before her wedding day! Everybody knows Lindas reputation it is legedary. Today we have laws against bullies, stalking and hate crimes witch all applies to Linda!!  Instend of defending her you should have told her not to mess with a married man. Maybe you could have told her there are other ways to get a job besides spreading your legs? It was so nice of the fine Broderick family to charge Lindas family for the funeral? It is wrong to try to drive someone crazy, to torment a loving mother, and to steal another womens husband. That is why people don't like Linda!!! SORRY :(

Quote    Reply   

#1111 [url]

Feb 9 16 12:03 AM

linda stinky kolkena

Are you a friend of lindas? are you lindas sister the one that didn't go to Bettys parole hearing? Maggie? Well most people don't think much of Delta Stewardess that have sex with the passengers! This is how the LADY LOL you are defending lost her job. you see most people have a problem with gold digging whores that is why there is no sad feeling of loss to the world. Woonderful Linda that called Betty the beast, monster, and cow! Nice! IN FRONT OF BETTYS CHILDREN!!!! How did Linda get that bruise on her wrist the night she was shot! i guess her prince dan and her had a fight lol. How about how dan was found trying to save himself (coward) not protecting the woman he loved. Dan only loved himself and one day Linda would have been Betty. (if she had not contracted aids first) Yes this person you are defending had sex with another man a month before her wedding day! Everybody knows Lindas reputation it is legedary. Today we have laws against bullies, stalking and hate crimes witch all applies to Linda!!  Instend of defending her you should have told her not to mess with a married man. Maybe you could have told her there are other ways to get a job besides spreading your legs? It was so nice of the fine Broderick family to charge Lindas family for the funeral? It is wrong to try to drive someone crazy, to torment a loving mother, and to steal another womens husband. That is why people don't like Linda!!! SORRY :(  I saw lindas family with a picture of her on her wedding day and all they talked about is how they love wearing her emerald earings!!! Her sister didn't even show up at betty parole hearing wow that love, I wouldn't have shown up either because i would have disowned her... People hate sluts that get their jobs by giving bj to the boss its just that simple

Quote    Reply   

#1112 [url]

Aug 7 16 11:33 AM

The victims here are everyone involved, and any person who buys into the fairytale sold to women [and men] that says marriage is a supposed to be happily ever after affair. Apparently, Dan believed that a woman should cook and clean and take care of the kids, and all he had to do was focus on his career, which is what Betty tried to comply with, even though she was hoping for a higher standard of living than what they had initially. She was raised to believe that you support you man, no matter what, but it sounds as though Dan married her as a trophy and a slave. Eventually, they obtained the standard of living that they both desired, but by then, all chances for a loving relationship were destroyed, if there ever were any. In reading about this relationship, I don't see any evidence of love and support of the wife. To be fair, I also don't see any evidence that she was the 'loving wife,' only that she was doing her duties as expected. What the fairytale ignores is the need for a loving relationship above all else. And the fairy tale doesn't allow for the situation where one finds themselves in a loveless relationship, whether love was lost, or never there to begin with, or to have the option to leave it without public shame. I think Betty was rebelling early on in their marriage from the absence of attention that she deserved as a woman when Dan threw himself into his work, and then possibly acted out like the spoiled brat she was, by making things difficult for him, which, of course, only pushed him further away. They both became increasingly frustrated with their loveless, and difficult relationship, and Dan told Betty at one point that he didn't love her anymore, in fact, hated her. They should have divorced at that time, or sought marriage counseling prior to that to help them identify each other's needs and how they weren't being met. Unfortunately, many people don't separate until a new love interest causes them to see just how unhappy they have really been, and just how much they need that love/pleasant relationship. Then the woman feels replaced and discarded, and doesn't understand why, when she has been doing what society has told her she should be doing. They were both following the "prescription" for a happy life, with one major ingredient missing: LOVE. That said, it does sound as though Betty has some behavior issues, which weren't helped by Dan retreating into his work. She should have been helped by psychological counseling, and they should have sought help for their marriage as well. The 'perpetrator' in this case, I believe is the bill of goods sold to all of that generation, that all you have to do is follow certain steps for becoming successful and you will be happy and rewarded.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help