Remove this ad

LANA CLARKSON - PHIL SPECTOR TRIAL #2

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

Lead

Jan 10 09 1:30 PM

Tags : :

Lana Clarkson Photo

This is who the trial is about. Not about Phil Specter and his wife Rachelle who continually makes a spectacle of herself. It's about the life, and the death, of Lana Clarkson at the hands of Phil Specter.

A life that should not have been cut short before its time. A life that was taken because of Phil Specter's arrogant and egocentric behaviour.

The first trial ended in a mistrial, with the jury at 10 -2 for a guilty conviction.

SPECTER TRIAL COVERAGE:

January 2009 - Doron Weinberg, Attorney for Phil Specter has again delayed the trial of a former child psychiatrist accused of molesting young male patients. That trial, originally scheduled for early January, has now been pushed out to May in order to accomodate Doron Weinberg's schedule in the Specter trial.  The numerous delays caused by his participation in the Specter trial have frustrated and angered the families of alleged victims particularly that the accused perp remains free from custody while they are forced to wait for justice. PALO ALTO DAILY NEWS

SAN MATEO DAILY JOURNAL

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sandi Gibbons, speaking for the LA District attorney's office "The facts don’t change. The evidence we’ll be presenting is the same evidence as the first trial. We feel that we have a very strong case.”

Defense Attorney Doron Weinberg "We intend to rely on the same basic evidence. The central theory of the defence would remain that “she (Ms Clarkson) fired the fatal shot.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2008 - OCTOBER 30 - PROSECUTION OPENING STATEMENTS:

Deputy District Attorney Alan Jackson: "You will be introduced to the real Phillip Spector. That man has “a very rich history of violence toward women that culminated with the murder of Lana Clarkson in the foyer of his Alhambra mansion.

Projecting a photo of Lana Clarkson smiling he stated “This is how Phil Spector met Lana Clarkson." A police photo of Lana Clarkson dead, blood from her mouth and nose in Phil Specter's foyer is projected. "This is how he left her."

Jackson described incidents in which Specter has been reported to have threatened five women with guns. There were more, but the Judge only allowed in these five. Jackson depicted the shooting of Lana Clarkson on Feb. 3, 2003,  as "simply the last in a very long line of women who had suffered abuse at the hands of Phil Specter over the years."  He stated that the even fit in with Phil Specter's pattern of terrorizing women with guns when he was drunk and they wanted to leave. Incidents which dated from the 1970s up until the killing.

Jackson: "In each case, a drunken Spector “snapped” when the woman wanted to go home." Jackson pointed to the police photo of Lana Clarkson dead in the chair. Her leopard skin purse was slung over her shoulder and stated "Clarkson, too, was ready to leave."

Jackson told the jury they would hear from witnesses who heard Specter make disturbing statements.  The first, Specter used a profanity to describe women and said, “They all deserve a bullet in their heads.” The other was made moments after the shooting. Spector, with blood on his hands said to his chauffeur, “I think I killed somebody.”

Defense Attorney Doron Weinberg told jurors the "physical evidence is going to show that the gunshot wound  was self-inflicted. It's true that Phillip has owned guns. It's true that he has exhibited guns. What the prosecution doesn't have is actual evidence that Mr Spector killed Lana Clarkson, because he didn't."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPECTER TRIAL First witness Vincent Tannazzo: Tannazzo, a retired NYPD detective, later a bodyguard for  Joan Rivers. Tannazzo's testimony from the first trial is again presented. He testified that he heard Specter say that "women should be shot." He testified that he had thrown Specter out of two Christmas parties because he had brandished a gun and made violent and threatening statements about women. Vincent Tannazzo stated "Spector turned toward one woman and said, "I ought to put a bullet in her head right now."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Witness Dorothy Melvin: Manager for Joan Rivers. Melvin testified that Specter had threatened her with a gun, hit her in the face with the gun and kept her purse and refused to let her leave. Melvin had to call police in order to retrieve her purse.

Weinberg asked Melvin about a time when Spector was mistaken for Dudley Moore (Actor) by a group of young men. Melvin "All of a sudden he was chasing them down the street."

Melvin was asked about a another incident. Melvin testified "Phil Spector became agitated during a phone conversation with an employee of the Rev. Jesse Jackson. Spector locked me in a room and refused to release me until I made a sincere commitment to civil rights. The gentleman he had on the phone called me later and asked 'What was that about? It was insane."

Melvin testified that at a Christmas party at Joan River's home, Spector's target was a man who he felt was being rude. Melvin stated that Spector had been invited back a third year, but she had made sure to frisk him and take his gun before he was allowed in.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stephanie Jennings, (freelance photographer) testified "Spector held me at gunpoint in my hotel room."  Jennings did admit under questioning by the defense that Spector always brought a gun on their dates, and she would let him stash it in her purse. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Melissa Grosvenor testified that Spector had pointed a gun at her face and said, "If you try to leave me, I'm going to kill you."  She also testified that said she never saw him again after that.

Alan Jackson: Why not?"
Melissa Grosvenor "Well, because I thought he was crazy."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Prosecution played profane voicemail messages Spector would leave for women.

Diane Ogden: Video evidence from the first trial was allowed in since the witness, Diane Ogden has died since the first trial. Judge Fidler has allowed her testimony in. In the video Diane Ogden pointed a finger at her head and stated Spector had held a gun to her face. "He said he was going to blow my brains out."

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Mar 15 09 4:53 PM

Jurors in the second trial have visited the site of Lana Clarkson's shooting, Phil Specter's mansion.

They were shown the areas of the home Lana had visited the night of her death, in particular the foyer where she was found shot to death.

The blood stained chair which police found Lana's body slumped over in was brought from the courtroom and placed in the location in which it was on that night.

Jurors submitted 9 questions to the Judge, several of which pertained to lighting conditions at the time of the shooting. A request to be allowed to sit in a car meant to replicate Specter's Mercedes that was present on the night of the shooting, was denied by Judge Fidler.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help